Wednesday, 16 June 2010
Rain rain go away, come again another year!
Over it is all we can say about monsoon season and funnily enough it only just began 3 days ago. We didn't even leave our room until 12:30 this morning, as it is pouring down rain and makes walking aroudn and exploring very difficult. We are going to force ourselves to do a 3 hour walking tour of Mumbai today and just push through. I think we have figured out how to upload photos so there may be a few on the blog today, but flickr is very cheeky and only allows you to download like 7 pictures a month, but you can upgrade for the very low price of $40 to a flickr package that allows you to download as many photos as you want so we will be doing that soon! Last night, we did creep out of the hostel at 9:01pm to get buy one get one free pastries and that was a real treat. Our meals yesterday consisted of croissants, samosas, popcorn, a random chocolate and evening of half price pastries all for the bargain price of 7 pounds. That is how we will budget this trip. Not much to write about today, but we will be walking around today trying to avoid the puddles and trying to keep a positive attitude. We are in India afterall so that is enough to make anyone happy...well almost anyone. We did forget to discuss another incident that occurred on our sleeper train...I suppose I have just blocked it out of my memory, as it was so disturbing, but while we were sitting on our sleeper "beds," some man came to our compartment with his small child and forced him into my arms, as he was screaming for his mommy. I told him that it was not a good idea, but my English was lost on him. Eventually, he took his poor traumatized child back to his mommy and Alex and I were left perplexed and traumatized ourselves. We sat in silence for about 10 minutes just staring at each other and then dicsussed briefly before lying back and listening to our ipods. Very strange...so that makes 2 incidents so far on this trip and I am sure there will be many more to come. Enjoy our crap photos...we will work hard to get the rest on soon and make sure they have proper labels and descriptions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These are great pics!!! Love them. I can't wait to see more and hear more about all your experiences. See you soooooonn!!! love you!
ReplyDeletePictures! How exciting! Can't wait to see them, as soon as I figure out how to, what do you call it?, download....well, whatever! Seems like Wendy saw them & she thinks they are "great pics." If I can't figure out how to "download" I can always ask Wendy to help me. Checked the temps in Delhi today, 104 degrees, but no mention of monsoon! I was gonna say you left Delhi just in time to escape the heat, but.... I'm not sure your "diet" of pastries, popcorn, etc is very nourishing. Did you pack vitamins? What!! No Red Bull; no protein! How will you guys survive...esp Alex w/o her energy pick-me-up! Take care of each other.....miss you so much!!! Lots of love, Mom xxx
ReplyDeleteYeh! I found your pics! Didn't have to download anything...they were right there at the bottom of the page! How convenient!! I agree with Wendy...these pics are great & you guys look terrific! Compared your postcard pic of the Taj Mahal with your hostel, Royal Concepts....no comparison!!! Thanks for sharing your adventures with pics...I love 'em! Can't wait to see more, more, more!!!! Take care....love ya, Mom XXX
ReplyDelete