Wednesday, 2 June 2010

First day in India

What can we say about our first day in India...hmmm...interesting, kinda scary, culture shock, but overall absolutly amazing! We decided to go the true non-backpacker route and get a driver to take us around in style (well, sort of style...in a crapped out hyundai with "ac," which is a man blowing on us) hehe...not really. We were sort of forced to make these plans, as the INdians are vry crafty salespeople (well salesmen) and they are all linked to each other in busines, so the hotel guy knows this travel agent guy who knows this taxi driver guy who knows this shop owner and so on and so forth so you get my drift...we went from hotel to travel agent to taxi to shop...hehe. We also saw so many amazing things in New City...India Gate, a building shaped like a lotus flower for prayer, a Hindu Temple, some tombs- oh and the swastika is the oldest most sacred symbol and not meant to scare Jews :) I checked on it! Tomorrow is another day of siteseeing in Old City. Oh and the toilets were fun, especially when we slipped on various urines. Now off to our first dinner and what is sure to be an evening of Delhi Belly.

3 comments:

  1. Lynn, Grandma and I went out to dinner this evening. It sounds like you are having an exciting trip. We will be living it vicariously through your postings. All our love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about this blog! My new obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered your blog right now, put it in my blogroll and started to read! We are also going to India on December. We will also start with New Delhi, so I am very interested. We will go only in Rajahstan, for 10 days.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.