Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Amrulham Ayurvedic Village Resort

Another day of morning yoga and a delicious authentic Kerala breakfast...so delicious. Indian food is just tastiest when served and consumed in India! Today was a great yoga session, which lasted for 2 hours and I got a compliment about being so flexible. I don't think he anticipated my flexibility, as I don't exactly look like a yogi. Then, we continued the morning with 50 laps in the pool, which we both love. Alex has officially taught me the breast stroke and under her tutelage, I have dissolved my screw kick and Sue, you would be so proud of me and Alex for teaching me! The weather in Kovalam has been divine...it rains at night, is cloudy in the morning and is sunshiney and bright all afternoon. We are actually working on our tans by sitting by the pool listening to music from the Ipod with SPF50 sun block on. Alex moans, but I am keeping her fresh and young and skin cancer free. We did venture out today to walk along the beaches, as I just find them to be so beautiful,as the sand is black and tan...yes like the beer beverage served primarily in Boston. When you drag your feet along the tan sand, it turns black underneath and when the waves crash down along the shore and then retreat back to the depths of the ocean, they leave the sand looking like smooth black and tan marble. I just love they way it looks. I have also been collecting shells, which Al has been humouring me wit, as I take them to each of our hotels and place them in various feng shui locations around each hotel room...she really is a good sport! We also spent the better part of the afternoon planning the rest of our trip through July when we meet Wendy in Delhi. We leave our yoga retreat on Saturday after yoga practice and taking our breakfast and then we go to Trivandrum for 1 night...this is the capital of Kerala and there is a lot going on there. The following morning, we are whisked away on an overnight houseboat through the back waters of Kerala and it is described as coming with a "hygienic kitchen." We did splurge on the King houseboat so i can only imagine what the Queen or Prince houseboat's kitchen must be like. All meals are included and we are very excited, as houseboatig is a MUST in Kerala according to Lonely Planet and most travellers we have met. Then we will attend a Wildlife Sanctuary, spice fields and tea plantations through the Western Ghats. We get dropped off in Kochi for a few nights and then another train ride (we both cannot wait for another amazing and very relaxing train ride)back to our mecca...Goa. This time, we are going to actually officially volunteer at the GAWT and spend some time doing yoga and of course scootering around. We will return to where we originally stayed in Southern Goa and then explore Northern Goa before we take a domestic flight to Delhi to meet the Wendy!

2 comments:

  1. This part of your journey sounds so wonderful! How beautiful the beaches must be! I like the idea of traveling by houseboat! Can't wait to hear all about it. Life sounds good for you & Alex! Take care of yourselves & have fun! Lots of love, Mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chocolate brown marbled beach sounds beautiful! I hope you took lots of pictures of all those colors. See you soooonnnn!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.