We did it! We hiked and biked to Machu Picchu and then up it, then around it, then up Huyana Picchu, then down Huyana Picchu, then around Machu Picchu some more, then down Machu Picchu and now we are resting "comfortably" on a 24 hour bus ride to Lima with our dear friends Fraser and Gubby reflecting on the experiences we all just had over the past 4 days...and I am talking 4 very full days!
I spent a lot of time thinking about the Machu Picchu blog, as there was no internet access during our hike, and how it would feel to see such a site and how then I could translate that into words to express it to all of you, but it wasn't until this very moment that I have realized just what it was that made our Machu Picchu trek life changing and memorable and I feel those are best explained in 8 chapters of a series called The Machu Picchu Chronicles (MPC), as it is virtually impossibe to encapsulate such a moving time in only a few short paragraphs.
Alex and I spent most of ur days talking about these moments that I have outlined below in 8 chapters and they all played a very important and specific role in making our journey to Machu Picchu so spectacular and jarring at the same time. Of all the experiences we have had over these past 10 months and of all the places we have hiked, trekked, biked, walked, jogged, this one has by far surpassed them all.
It is for this reason that I wanted to create a sort of small book within the blog to emphasize this experience further and really paint a picture of what we all went through during those 4 days. I don't think that there are too many people who have these types of moments in their lives and we certinaly feel priveledged to have been inducted into such a rare and special club, but even more than that is how it moved all of us and spoke to us in its' own special way...so without further adeiu, The Machu Picchu Chronicles.
Sounds like you & Alex had a once in a lifetime experience....can't wait to read all about it!!
ReplyDeleteLots of love, Mom
What an intriguing introduction. I cannot wait to dive in and read all about it!
ReplyDelete